Friday 16 March 2012

Tower Top

After doing the storyboard I realised that the tower would be viewed in allot more detail than I though, so I decided to remodel the top
I created a cylinder like before, but instead of deleting the faces, I edited the vertices's pushing the top down to created a shape kind of like a short glass.
I then moves the outside ring of the vertices's that I had pushed down up slightly so that the object has 2 height sections.
then manually aligning some of the vertices's on the x and y axis to get back to the glass shape, but with vertical line on the inside separated into two section by vertices's.
I had to delete 3 faces for each battlement, one from the outside, top & inside, then repeated this for all of the battlements.
I then used the create tool to remake the faced back inside the battlements.
Finally was applying the texture, I had to use a multiple/sub-object to get the tiling correct for the different sections of the battlements then apply two layers of UVW mapping to the inside to get them to face the correct way.
The problem was that when I did one UVW map, the other reversed itself. The way that I got around this was to apply UVW mapping to each of the individually, then select both of them at the same time and click on UVW mapping so that they both applied at the same time in different directions.

Previous simple top tower design


New top tower design


Render of new tower

No comments:

Post a Comment